History of the Department

The Department was established in 1959 as Department of Library Science, offering only a Diploma Course. Later, it started offering a Master’s Degree in Library Science. In 1987, the department changed its name to Department of Library and Information Science with the introduction of a three-year B.A Honors course. In 2001, the department changed its name to 'Department of Information Science and Library Management' (ISLM). At present, the Department is offering a four-year B.A. Honors and a one-year M.A. degree. A two-year M.A. (Evening) programme as well as a two-year M. Phil and three-year Ph.D. programmes are also offered.

Picture: